Friday, January 3, 2014

Eden's Early Birthday Present

Ever since Eden was born, I have been adamant that I would not force her to have her ears pierced.  I wanted to wait until she asked for it and until she was willing to take care of them.  She began asking this past fall but after I had to pin her down to get a flu shot she changed her mind and dropped it.  I'm not sure if Olivia changed her mind or if she forgot about the flu shot but right around Christmas she began asking again to get her ears pierced.  I took her by Claire's to look at earrings and to see where she would get it done.  She immediately fell in love with the Hello Kitty pair and after she found out that Olivia had a similar pair, she was set on it.


Eden did great sitting in the chair and she didn't mind that the employee cleaned and marked her ears but as soon as it was time to do it she freaked out.  I calmed her down (she still wanted to do it), set her on my lap, covered her eyes, held her head still and it was done in no time (he even had to pierce one ear at a time).  I couldn't believe she didn't cry during or afterwards.  The girls picked out new, matching earrings (courtesy of Mimi) and then we went out for ice cream.

I like Eden's new earrings but they make her seem a little bit more grown up.  It's hard to believe she will be four years old in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment